Dragon Financial Group is an independent, fast-growing, fee-only, financial, tax and accounting services firm located in San Mateo. We specialize in financial planning, asset management and tax and bookkeeping. We are currently seeking a highly energetic individual to join our advisory team a Financial Advisor. There is no cold-calling or sales involved in this position.
The advisor is expected to assist Dragon Financial to conduct financial and business due diligence for private equity ventures and portfolio company acquisitions. In detail, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide sound financial advice to Dragon Financials customers, including individual persons, entrepreneurs, and businesses
• Interview clients to determine their current income, expenses, insurance coverage, tax status, financial objectives, risk tolerance, and other information needed to develop a financial plan
• Recommend customer-tailored strategies that clients can use to achieve their financial goals and objectives, including advice on debt management, cash management, insurance coverage, and investments
• Identify and keep informed of new market trends and financial laws and regulations
• Use spreadsheets and market research techniques to supplement financial advice
• Explain financial investment opportunities for future college savings and retirement plans
• Review accounts to determine if dramatic life-changes, such as a death in the family or children leaving for college, necessitate new financial strategies
• Determine the net worth of individuals or corporations, overseeing investment and adapting as necessary in order to help customers meet their financial goals
• Handle any customer complaints courteously and efficiently
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a foreign equivalent.
Please send your resume in .pdf format. In the subject line of your email, please put the title of the position that you are applying for. Please include a cover letter, stating why you are interested in this position, salary history/ requirements, and availability (start date).
Compensation and Benefits:
• Salary negotiable – DOE
• Performance bonus and raises
• Medical insurance
• Dental insurance
• Life insurance, AD&D and long-term disability
• Paid holidays
• Gym membership
• Career-building and merit-based promotional opportunities
• Training and support
• Company lunches and events
• Friends & Family discounts
Employment will be contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a background check.